Beginners Guide To Accounting training course
Accounting for Non-Accountants
Chances are you went into business for yourself because you’re technically very good at whatever it is you do; be it butcher, baker, candlestick maker…
However a common handicap most small business owners are limited by is a lack of core accounting knowledge. You don’t need to be an accountant, but to succeed it’s essential you know accounting basics.
This course has been designed as an introduction to accounting principles and is for beginners working in a New Zealand business environment. No previous knowledge of accounting is assumed and all concepts are introduced in a simple manner. The emphasis is on a practical approach that helps non-accountants learn some accounting basics that will assist you to successfully use accounting software. It is a non-computerised course and includes a series of exercises to help the learning process.
Please note this course is not an MYOB AccountRight software course but is a useful pre-requisite to using any accounting software program.
Certified MYOB Consultant
This course gives business owners essential accounting basic skills necessary for business success.
What You'll Learn
- How to apply basic accounting concepts
- Recognise accounts as Assets, Liabilities, Equity, Expenses or Revenue type
- Apply business transactions on the accounting equation
- Interpret a Profit & Loss Statement and Balance Sheet
- Code transactions to appropriate accounts
- Understand how GST works and calculate GST to pay
- Identify capital versus revenue expenses
Set up a successful accounts filing system
Course Details & Inclusions
- Comprehensive workbook
- Morning tea
- Certificate of Attendance
- Lots of opportunity to ask questions relating to your business
- Course run by MYOB